You’ve got iPhone 6 or 6s and want to unlock, right?
There is only legit and working method for iPhone unlocking is through iPhone unlock store or genuine iPhone unlocking websites. However, It is not easy task to find out genuine website for iPhone unlocking – You have to trust on expert advice.
Check iPhone is locked or Unlocked?
You can easily verify if your iPhone is unlocked by placing any sim card and making sure if it is able to catch signal and able to make and receive calls. Try with different sim card with different carriers to make sure it is working fine and that’ll be enough. But if you are looking for first time unlocking – you will need to follow steps mentioned below to activate it. In case if you are planning to buy a locked iPhone from someone on eBay or someone is just trying to sale you – better you follow a guide available at iPhone Carrier Checker which is also know as iPhone Operator Check.
Before you unlock or try to activate an iPhone, make sure iPhone is actually unlocked or is not reported as Lost – stolen or have Find My iPhone Status deactivated. If your Find my iPhone status is ON – You will require password for account which is currently activated on your iPhone. Generally, if your iPhone is seal packed / brand new – You will not need to worry about any sort of locks but you can check iCloud Lock Status at Official Apple Website here.
You can find more information related to Find My iPhone by asking in comment below…
Requirement for iPhone unlocking.
- iTunes enabled PC / Mac with internet connection (Download here)
- WiFi Hotspot with access to internet
- Activated and working Nano SIM Card
- iPhone with IMEI unlock from Unlock Store
How to unlock iPhone 6?
This method will only work for iOS 9, iOS 8, iOS 7, iOS 6 and iPhone 6s plus, 6s, 6 plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, and iPhone 4.
- Step 1. Go to iPhone Settings > iCloud >Find My iPhone – Disable by entering a/c owner’s password. As well backup your iPhone (if iPhone is not activated – skip this step)
- Step 2. Insert any carrier’s SIM card (generally locked one) & Reboot / Restart
- Step 3. Now your iPhone should be asking to activate using iTunes / or wifi
- Step 4. If using iTunes (skip to step 5) – Connect iPhone with PC or Mac and run iTunes. Tap for connect with iTunes option when asked on iPhone screen. It will take around a minute to fetch lock status from Apple Database and as soon it is unlocked, you will be notified with a message on iTunes like “Congratulations! Your iPhone has been unlocked successfully!” And you should be able to receive signal bars and perform activation steps.
- Step 5. You will be asked to join wifi network. Enter wifi password as normally you enter and it will take approximately 3 minutes to fetch data information related to iPhone unlock status from Apple. Once completed, You will see a message like “Activation Success” Perform require steps.
- Congratulations! Your iPhone is unlocked successfully.
However, Not everyone is lucky with above step and you may face problem if your iPhone is not unlocked or SIM card is not properly fixed with SIM tray or made some mistake during cut-out.
Here is short summary of problems, you may face during iPhone Unlock
I am not able to connect iPhone with iTunes, Help?
You probably have made mistake with either USB plug or indeed cable you want to use is not original. Copied / cloned lightning cable will not perform well for backup or activation and upgrades
How can I change wifi hotspot during activation?
Press Home Button and it will ask you with Start over or Wifi Setting options. Tap on wifi settings and you can change wifi access.
How can I take backup for my iPhone?
You can find how to backup manual here
Where can I unlock my iPhone?
If your iPhone is not unlocked & Don’t know iPhone carrier. Start with iPhone Unlock Service
If you are facing issues other than mentioned here, Feel free to comment below and we will try our best to help you unlock. You can use any service to unlock iPhone. We only have recommended service providers and links we found genuine.
This guide is not just about iPhone 6 unlock, It can be used for iPhone 6s, 6s plus, 6, 5c, 5s, 5, 4s, 4 unlocking too!